1.7K views
2.3
Style and Design

My white Polywood adirondack chairs & table will not come clean. I followed the manufacturer's cleaning suggestions and more.

I have tried just about everything. An immense amount of effort is needed just to get them looking decent and then they get dirty from pollen and other dirt in a matter of a week or so. This furniture is not low maintenance. Efforts to work with the manufacturer to replace white for a color were sadly unsuccessful.

No one wants to sit in these chairs. It's clear your clothes will get dirty. This furniture was an expensive waste. See photos below.

This furniture was scrubbed in June. It's only September 5.

Product or Service Mentioned: Polywood Furniture Outdoor Furniture.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Switch white furniture for another darker color, such as brown or green or red..

I liked: Prompt shipment.

I didn't like: Handling of problem, Customer service.

Comments

Same problem here. Unfortunately the tiny crevices harbour oil and dirt which is impossible to remove with current cleaners on the market.

Power washing a must to return to any semblance of white. Avoid white until manufacture supplies something to clean white plywood effectively.

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States #1338928

Try using Goof off brand rust remover! I swear by the stuff.

It took the orange reclaimed water stains off of my white fence. Just spray on, let sit, and hose off.

From the picture I can tell you obviously have your chairs next to your well water sprinkler system. You can tell because the color on the chairs is the same color as the sidewalk.

Very common with well water systems that they stain everything in sight with that rust color.

If you have tried everything else, i would take a small piece under the chair and try some sulfuric acid and quickly rinse off. The Polywood material is supposed to be able to handle harsh chemicals.

I know when we get these types of stains on our walls at the house, a little sulfuric acid removes it immediately. Worth a try at least.

to Helpful Person #1519183

Try the Amway toilet cleaner. It takes rust out. Try a small area first.

It is white furniture, what did you expect?